Popular Posts

22 December 2016

Winter in the City


The other day my family and I took a Christmassy trip up to London to visit the The Royal Academy of Arts for an exhibition and see the delights of Winter Wonderland at Hyde Park. 

The exhibition was on Abstract Expressionism from New York and was absolutely brilliant. Large, energetic, abstract pieces are my favourite and it was great to see the sort of art that I like to do myself. I've been feeling so uninspired at the moment, but being back in an artistic environment really helped- it also reminded me of how much I miss formally studying Fine Art. One of my main goals for the new year is to actively make time for producing art as I've seriously neglected my artistic side since leaving college.   



After the exhibition, we took a trip to Carnaby Street for some shopping and whilst I didn't find anything to buy, I did find this great little side street for some outfit photos. 




London felt so festive and definitely got me in the Christmas spirit! Winter Wonderland was as garish and over the top as you can imagine but it was a bit of fun. Plus, I got a chance to be a big kid and get an overpriced waffle with every single sugary topping I could get. Buddy the Elf would have been proud.

Coat: Topshop
Jumper: Primark
Jeans: Topshop
Bag: Primark
Boots: Topshop





No comments:

Post a Comment