Popular Posts

24 December 2016

December 'Dress of the Month' with Boohoo



Recently I was contacted by Boohoo to take part in their DOTM, or Dress of the Month, campaign. The idea is that they send the same dress to several different bloggers to see how differently we would all style it. As the bloggers, we would have no idea as to what the dress was like until it arrived in the post, which I found very nerve racking. I'm fairly confident in my own style, so the thought of having to work with something that would perhaps be the opposite of what I would have chosen, was quite daunting. There was a possibility that the dress would arrive and I would have nothing to wear it with because it absolutely wasn't my sort of style. Luckily, it arrived and it was something that gave me lots to work with.

The dress is fairly simple; a navy blue, velvet halter neck dress with a slit in the thigh, but it was beautiful and very flattering. I was a bit nervous considering it was basically a bodycon dress and I tend to stay clear of them to avoid showing off every imperfection in my figure. However this one features a synched in waist, giving you more of a flattering silhouette, one that made me feel way more confident. 




This dress is actually part of Boohoo's Going Out section, so technically it's meant for a night out. However, I decided to take the tone down a bit and make it more everyday appropriate. I added this white polo neck underneath to cater to the cold weather, but kept a fancy flair with the frilled sleeves and these utterly brilliant tassel earrings from H&M. Their statement earring selection at the moment is great if you're looking for something to easily spruce up a look! I kept it simple in the shoe department with some black heeled boots to complete a slightly fancy everyday outfit.




I love this dress as it's a perfect all-rounder; you can wear it dressed down, like I am here, or you can wear it for evening attire. I can't wait to dress it up for a night out! Perhaps I've found my NYE dress?

This campaign from Boohoo is brilliant as it's given me the opportunity to take a chance with my style and put the fate of my outfit in someone else's hands. It's encouraged me to take more risks with my looks and go for things that I normally wouldn't- a great new mindset to take into the new year!


Dress: Boohoo*
Jumper: Asos
Boots: Asos
Earrings: H&M

How are you hoping to mix up your style in the new year?





No comments:

Post a Comment