Popular Posts

28 December 2015

The Christmas Edit 2015




 
 Hello and Merry (after) Christmas!

I can't believe it's already the 28th December and that Christmas is over and done with as the new year quickly approaches. The build up to the 25th was hectic; uni was busy and the stress of present shopping was getting to me, but the big day itself was great even if my excitement for it dwindles as the years go on. I have about 2 weeks until term starts again and two essays to write before I go back to university, so the Christmas spirit has certainly gone into hibernation for another year already. 

I was thoroughly spoiled this year by my family and received some wonderful presents, a few of which I thought I'd share! 





 This gorgeous black velvet bra with sheer detailing is from Topshop. I'd had my eye on it and the matching bottoms for a while as they look so chic and modern and wearing nice matching underwear always makes for a great day. Topshop have a great selection of pretty bras at the moment which I would definitely recommend checking out.
One of my favourite gifts that I received was Chanel Chance Eau Vive from my grandparents. Months ago I had tried this out in Boots when buying my Chanel eyeshadow quad and since then it had been top of my wishlist. The floral-zesty fragrance is to die for and a perfect light everyday scent. For the past year or so, I've been experimenting with different perfumes, trying to find 'my scent' and I think this is a strong contender. It's feminine and fun with a hint of that Chanel sophistication that I just love. 
Another favourite was this Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution lipstick in 'Very Victoria'. I love Charlotte Tilbury; everything about her make up is perfect and I really want to build up my collection of it. This is my first CT lipstick so I wanted to go for a shade that I would cherish- a nude of course. 'Very Victoria' is a rosy-brown shade that I know I'm going to use almost every day.




As well as the CT Matte Revolution lipstick, I also received the mini lipstick charms in the shades 'Bitch Perfect', 'Penelope Pink' and 'So Marilyn'. These were a total surprise as I hadn't put them on my list, but I really love them. They do live up to their name and are very mini for the price but the shades are beautiful and a great way to try out the K.I.S.S.I.N.G lipsticks. 
These shoes. Oh my God. I'd had these on my Asos wishlist for so long. They are so unique and I've never seen anything like them before. I can't wait to style these with some tights and an A-Line skirt or a pair of mom jeans. I love that they're so versatile- you can dress them up or down and wear them in summer and winter.
It's one of my New Year's resolutions to read more (as it is every year), not just novels, but books about style and fashion. It's my goal to one day work in fashion, whether that be writing or styling  and as I approach term two at University, I'm starting to think about work experience and internships. Working in fashion is obviously very competitive these days, so I need to do all I can to stand out. As well as really working on my blog in the new year and contributing to the newspaper and magazine at Uni, my goal is to read up on fashion and styling, trying to learn as much as I can. I asked for the book 'Love x Style x Life' by Garance DorĂ© as she epitomises everything I aspire to be. Her book gives insight into her musings on elegance, style, love and life and I feel that I can definitely learn a lot from this book as well as from others like 'Front Roe' by Louise Roe, which I also received.

Hope you enjoyed a little insight into what I got for Christmas! Like I said, I was very spoiled and I'm so incredibly grateful. I hope you had a wonderful December 25th, whatever you celebrated and continue to enjoy the rest of the year!




4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous little things! Happy holidays Lilia! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Happy holidays to you too! xox

      Delete
  2. What lovely bits, I especially love the shoes! And I'm seriously jealous of the CT lippies, I'm trying to avoid buying lipsticks at the moment though :( If you'd like some recommendations of other books to do with fashion and careers I wrote a post a whilst back that might interest you :) ... http://www.claudiaharriet.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/7-books-for-fashion-loving-career-girls.html

    Claudia Harriet // Student Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The shoes are currently on sale if you wanted to check them out! (http://www.asos.com/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=5041209&CTAref=Saved+Items+Page&r=2). Lipsticks are my weakness, I think I'm going to have to avoid buying them for a while too! Ooh thank you so much! Will defo have a read!:) xox

      Delete