Popular Posts

9 April 2017

Not That Kind Of Girl





I can never decide if I'm a hat person or not, but when I saw this fedora with gold detailing from Zara last year, I couldn't resist it. I've owned a few fedoras in the past in my desperate attempts to achieve the same cool-girl aesthetic that I see time and time again on Instagram, but none of them have quite got me fully on the hat bandwagon. Having quite a round face means that I find hats with a wider brim more flattering and less baby-face inducing. To me, this one has the perfect width and structure to it. The minimal detailing, bar the gold lettering obviously, means that I can wear it with anything. Plus, whilst the material is thick enough to keep a structured look, it's not so thick that I can't see this through the spring and summer. 





It will take a bit of courage to wear the hat out in public as I worry that they can be a bit obnoxious, but if I style it with something simple like this jumpsuit, I think I can pull it off. I recently got this tailored jumpsuit for my birthday and I can't get enough of it. I was a bit hesitant that I would look frumpy in it, especially after seeing how great it looked on the model on Asos, but it actually turned out to be so flattering thanks to the synched waist. 

The material is super light and soft, so it will be perfect for the warmer weather. I especially love that it's a bit on the fancier side but still day-time appropriate, so I can literally wear this for any occasion. I can't wait to dress it up, maybe with some heels. I was worried about the length before it arrived, being a tall gal at 5'10, but it actually turned out to fit great! I went for a M in size, but perhaps could have sized down, especially as Monki are usually quite generous with sizing.





Hat: Zara
Jumpsuit: Monki
Shoes: Topshop
Earrings: Topshop







No comments:

Post a Comment