Popular Posts

2 August 2015

July Favourites



Hello!

July seems to have flown by so quickly and the end of summer is fast approaching (noooo!). I can't believe we're already in August and that in 11 days, I'll get my A Level results and find out if I got into Uni!! Putting the panic aside for a moment, here are a few things that I loved during July.
  • 1. Weekly Planner from Anthropologie: During summer I tend to get a bit lazy. It's so easy to sleep in until 12pm everyday and spend all of my time watching Netflix whilst I neglect all the things I had planned to do. I love things to be laid out in a clear and visual way so I thought that this weekly planner would be perfect to help me get on track with spending my time productively. Apart from the days of the week, the planner is fairly blank, leaving you to fill it out however you please and plan your time according to you.
  • 2. Copic Markers: I'm a very arty person and now that I'm finished with all my art course work for college, I have the time to draw and paint whatever I like. I'm currently really into illustration and have been wanting to get a few Copic Markers for quite some time. They are some of the best in the drawing biz, however they are quite pricey. I managed to find some being sold individually on eBay for a reduced price and decided to get myself 3 to start out with. I love the vibrant pigmentation and the way the colours blend together to give a clean, even finish. I shall definitely be getting some more of these.
  • 3. Birkenstock Arizona Birko-Flor Sandals in Khaki: Yep, I bought a pair. I know these guys have a bit of a bad rep but honestly I'm in love with them and they have to be the comfiest shoes I've worn in a long time. I'd been eyeing up these khaki ones from Urban Outfitters for a while but was a little reluctant to pay the £55 (£49.50 with Student Discount) that they cost. However, after searching for weeks to find a pair elsewhere online for cheaper and failing, I gave in and ordered these beauties. I find them so effortlessly cool- you can just slide these on with almost any outfit and instantly create a laid-back look. I'm a big fan of muted tones so the khaki green shade goes perfect with most of my wardrobe. I love to pair these with some grey ripped skinny jeans or some distressed shorts for a casual vibe.


  • 4. Charlotte Tilbury Wonderglow: It's a well known fact that Charlotte Tilbury is the queen of make up. Her quirky product names and rose gold packaging are to die for and her Wonderglow Primer is a firm favourite amongst make up fans everywhere. During summer, I love to go for a glowy, 'golden goddess'-esque look with my make up, but that can be a little hard when you have dry, dull skin. I've found that Wonderglow works wonders (ha!) for me; I wear it under my Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation and I truly get that 'glow from within' effect. The hint of glitter in the product reflects the light giving you dewy, youthful skin which is perfect for summer. 
  • Rimmel Nude Lipstick Collection by Kate Moss in shade 48:  I'm a massive lover of nude lipsticks and of Kate Moss' Rimmel collections, so her new line was a dream come true. I made a blog post here reviewing 2 of the shades that I bought (45 & 48) and I've been finding myself wearing shade 48 almost everyday. It's such a beautiful brown-red shade that isn't too dramatic for every day wear. I tend to wear very warm tones on my eyes and this lipstick shade goes perfectly with them. The formula isn't drying and the colour pay off is fab. I can see this being a fave all throughout August too.
  • KIKO Beam of Light Highlighter in shade 02 'Sand': A KIKO store has opened up in Brighton's Churchill Square and I couldn't resist having a browse. I've never owned anything from this brand before but I ended up buying a few products and have since become obsessed. This highlighter is incredible. The pigmentation is so intense and beautiful and gives you the perfect glow to your cheekbones. Shade 02 is a lovely champagne-gold and is great for warm toned make up. I use this everyday and it's the perfect finishing touch to my everyday glowy make up.
  • Makeup Revolution Ultra Blush and Contour Palette in 'Golden Sugar': WOW. This blush, contour and highlight palette from Makeup Revolution incredible. Makeup Revolution has been a favourite brand of mine for a while now- their beautifully pigmented and affordable products are in constant use in my make up collection. I was drawn to the golden-amber shades of this palette as I can't resist warm tones. Recently, I've really been getting into contour and highlight and this palette has it all. With mattes and shimmers in some gorgeous colours, its a great palette if you want in on the contour and highlight game too. I've also been using the marbled copper shade on my eyes as it's so shimmery and vibrant. The palette is versatile and a steal at £6.


Lilia xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment