Popular Posts

22 January 2016

The One With The Cape // OOTD






I realise that I'm super late to the party when it comes to capes but when I saw this one in the Topshop sale I couldn't resist snapping it up. Very much influenced by Blair Waldorf's fancy for them on Gossip Girl, I've always wanted to try a cape but I was never quite sure if they would suit me. I'm quite a casual person style-wise and to me, capes seemed a bit on the dressy side. When I was browsing the sales a few weeks ago, I came across this monochrome one from Topshop. I loved the white panelling and the effortless vibe it had. I felt like it was a good start for my endeavour into the world of capes and decided to give it a go.




This cape isn't very structured in shape, so I felt that it still kept a sense of casualness whilst still looking chic. To keep that casual vibe, I paired the cape with some grey ripped jeans and a simple black turtle neck jumper. I wanted to play up the chic element a little more so I wore a pair of pointed black boots that I also bought in the sales. They've got a little bit of a heel which dresses up the outfit a bit. I've been looking for the perfect pair of pointed boots for so long and I can't get over how great these are. 



It's a little tricky to wear bags with a shoulder strap with capes so I opted for a clutch for this look. I love the simplicity of the shape and its minimal detail and the leather material makes a great contrast to the soft fabric of the cape. To finish off the look, I went with a black fedora. Hats don't usually suit me but I've really been into this one from Primark at the moment.



I've also started watching Friends from the beginning- hence the title- as I've only ever seen random episodes before. I know I'm MEGA late to the party on that one! 

Cape: Topshop
Jumper: Primark
Jeans: New Look
Bag: Monsoon
Hat: Primark
Shoes: Asos


1 comment:

  1. Bloody love that cape! The swatch of cream really makes for a striking look x

    electraviolet.co.uk

    ReplyDelete