Popular Posts

12 August 2015

MAC Look In A Box Lip Kit in Pretty Natural // Review & Swatches


Hello!

MAC have recently come out with a new set of 'Look In A Box' kits and after a lot of effort, I managed to get my hands on one of the most popular- the Lip Kit in 'Pretty Natural'. MAC lip products are some of my favourites and I'm a sucker for a nude lip so I just had to get this set. Although, it seemed that everyone else had the same idea and for ages it was sold out on MAC's website,  much to my disappointment. Despite checking the website 3 times a day, every day, I had no luck until I found that Selfridges were also selling the kit- and it was in stock! I quickly snapped it up and patiently waited for it's delivery.



The Lip Kit contains 3 full sized products in pinky-nude shades. It sells for £29 which is very reasonable as you're basically getting one product free. The lip products work well together or on their own and great for every day wear because of the beautiful nude tones.


Lipstick in 'Pretty Natural': Sadly my lipstick arrived damaged; it seemed as if the lid had been put on before twisting the lipstick down, leaving it a bit squashed. However, I can still use it and love the shade. It's described as a 'mid tone warm nude' and comes in a cremesheen finish. The colour pay off is ok- I find that you need a few layers to build up the colour and stop it from being just a light wash  that accentuates the cracks in your lips. It has a creamy texture and is fairly long lasting. As far as I know, this shade is exclusive to the set.


Lipliner in 'Subculture': Subculture is a well loved lip pencil shade from MAC and I was so happy to find out that it was included in the set because I could never justify spending £12.50 to buy it separately. Described as an 'underground pink', Subculture is a great every day shade with a bit of an edge. As much as I loved the shade, I found the formula to be really drying and it dragged on my lips as I applied it. There's no way I could just throw this on without exfoliating and moisturising my lips to the max beforehand, as it would highlight every dry patch and make them even drier.


Lipglass in 'Feeling Fine': I've never been a fan of lipgloss nor have a ever tried one from MAC so this was a first for me. 'Feeling Fine' is described as 'soft beigy pink with pearl'. It's very glittery and shimmery which is something I usually wouldn't go for as I'm a matte lip girl at heart, but I can see myself wearing this for parties. It's fairly sheer but does add a hint of pale pink colour to the lips. I found the formula to be very tacky; it's a little uncomfortable but that may just be because I'm not used to wearing lipgloss. However, the formula is extremely long lasting, like extremely. I had a hard time getting this off when I was doing swatches and could still feel a hint of it on my lips hours later. 


L-R: Lipglass in 'Feeling Fine', Lip Pencil in 'Subculture' and Lipstick in 'Pretty Natural'.
Despite some faults, I do think that this lip kit is a good addition to any make up collection and it's such good value for 3 full size MAC products. I am glad I managed to finally get my hands on it and I can see myself using it quite often- especially Subculture as I love the shade so much.

At the time of writing this blog post, the kit has since sold out on Selfridges and is still sold out on MAC's website, but definitely keep an eye out for it!

Lilia xoxo





1 comment: